The Sixth Annual World Hepatitis Day will takes place on Sunday 28th July 2013, as part of an ongoing campaign launched by the World Hepatitis Alliance in 2008. This is the third year that CEVHAP has helped support and coordinate World Hepatitis Day in Asia Pacific and also the third year that the World Health Organization (WHO) has endorsed World Hepatitis Day.
Viral hepatitis is a regional health threat of significant proportions, causing three times as many deaths as HIV/AIDS and nine times as many as malaria in Asia Pacific. We now know that one person dies every 30 seconds from viral hepatitis in Asia Pacific, a death rate three times as high as HIV/AIDS*.
On World Hepatitis Day, CEVHAP members are asking governments to embrace the WHO’s new Global Framework for Action to halt the death toll and save the lives of one million people that die every year from viral hepatitis across Asia Pacific. Together we can save lives.
* Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, University of Washington. Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. 2013. Available: http://www.healthmetricsandevaluation.org/gbd (data on file).
CEVHAP has been vetted and approved to receive tax-deductible donations and grants via CAF America.
If you are a US donor wishing to make a tax-deductible contribution to support us, please visit the “Give Now” page at CAF America’s website at www.cafamerica.org and following these steps:
1. Visit http://cafamerica.org
3. “Give a single gift”
4. “Search and Give to organizations in the CAF America Database”
5. Type in “CEVHAP”
6. Click “Donate Now”
7. Fill out the form accordingly and click Submit
8. Enter credit card information and click Submit
9. Wait for the confirmation page – do not re-click submit or refresh the page as you may be additionally charged.
10. An e-mail confirmation will be sent to you for tax deduction purposes.
One million people die from viral
hepatitis in Asia Pacific every year.
On WORLD HEPATITIS DAY CEVHAP
urges governments to embrace WHO's
new global framework for action.
>> READ MORE